Friday, January 16, 2009

you are kidding me!

ok first it was simply freezing this morning and I was praying for a phone call saying that school would be on at least a delay if not closed.... NO LUCK! Not that I am shocked by any means. So I drag myself there and walk in my classroom and IT IS FREEZING!!!! I went directly to see what the temp. was and it was 47 degrees!!!!! I thought you are kidding me! So as I hunt down the principal to try to get something done I tried to get my students to calm down and keep their coats on and be patient.... might I remind you that I teach fourth grade. So you guessed it.... made chaos! LOL They were not happy at all about the temp in the room. So finally I get a response from the Principal that the repair man has been called but she has no idea how long it will take. I was not given any further instructions.... so me being me took it upon myself to find another location to have "class" the best way possible. So off to the library we go with as much classroom materials we can carry in the freezing cold. We managed to get 2 tests and some reading done but that was it !!!! So can we say wasted day?????? On top of all that the heat in the library went out!!!!! LOL Finally the county got the library heat back on...... As I left school my heat in my classroom is still not working correctly and it was 51 degrees..... please pray that it will get fixed or that the weather will be warmer come Tuesday...

No comments: