Sunday, October 19, 2008

out and about

My mom and grandma came to visit today. Such fun!!!!! We have my grandma's cat "tomorrow." Yes the cats name is tomorrow... why you ask? well ---- first you would just have to know my grandma Jo... but here goes.... One of my students, two years ago,had kittens she was giving away. I asked hubby (we were not married at the time and he had an apartment) if TG could have one. Of course! So I had my student to bring them over to my apartment and let me choose one. My mom and grandma came in and both decided they wanted one also. So my mom named her cat chloe and I named TG's Oreo- b/c it was black and white. Well grandma Jo kept telling me and mom, "I will name her tomorrow." Well tomorrow came and we asked again and she said, "I will name her tomorrow." This went on for about a week and mom and I began to joke and call the cat "tomorrow." Well I guess you have figured out that the name stuck! :)

So now back to the visit today- grandma Jo lived in the apartment beside mom and their cats would have play dates...yes I know play dates for cats???? go figure! :)

Well grandma Jo moved into Dogwood Haven I in August and couldn't take the cat. So of course the cat comes to my house joining my two cats- Oreo and Pete... and our dog Marcy. Well needless to say they all didn't get along well together at first but they have come to a mutual understanding..... :)

So mom's cat chloe is sad because she misses tomorrow.. so mom took tomorrow back home with her today.... I am somewhat sad.. she was a loving cat.... but one less pet to take care of.

So mom and grandma Jo left and hubby wanted so badly to go outside for a while and watch the kids play. He is so sick and tired of sitting either in his chair or on the bed. So as the kids loaded up on the go-cart I got hubby in his wheelchair and took him outside. Have I mentioned that I am so not a good wheelchair driver???? LOL those of you that know me are completely laughing right now... as you should.

So we make it over to the shade under the tree and watch the kids ride for a bit.... not too long.. hubby's foot begin to throb after he keeps it down a while. :(

So back in we came and I am starting supper.

I so miss going to church. I will be so glad when hubby is able to handle going to church. I hope everyone has had a great day!

2 comments:

Shaunta said...

You have no idea how much it touches my heart that you have cats. I know that sounds funny, but Mawmaw always had strays show up and she kept everyone of them. They were her babies and she always made sure they had something to eat. After she passed away, one of the cats quit eating and was just grieving. Charlotte couldn't stand to see it that way, so she took her home and named her "Miss Flora." I know Mawmaw would be tickled to know that you also had cats!

Glad to hear that your husband was able to get outside. That always seems like really good medicine!

Jen said...

We tried feeding the two cats that were here when we moved in, but they quit coming around. Our cats are inside.....

thanks