Tuesday, October 28, 2008

set back

I had have the ambulance come and get hubby Monday afternoon.... NO FUN!!!! He woke up and could not move or stand on his left foot---aka the good foot!!!! He was screaming in pain.... it was terrible. We were so afraid it was a blood clot so we didn't want to take any chances.

I apologize now if you work or have family that works at Dekalb Regional Hospital. We had the worst Dr. in the world!!!!! He didn't care and would not do anything. He flat out told us we just needed to go to his Dr. in Huntsville and he would give him something for pain but that was it!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that! Hubby and I were beyond mad. He couldn't even get in the wheelchair and they were trying to send us home. It was horrible. We did have a very helpful nurse.. :) she helped us by getting the Ider Rescue Squad to come to the emergency room to get hubby and bring him home. So it took forever this morning but my mom and I finally got hubby ready and in the van to head to Huntsville to the Dr. I just adore his Dr. there... he is wonderful. He did x-rays and checked him out. He has strained/aggravated the nerves and muscles and has to wear a boot on that foot now to support it. :( SO NOW BOTH FEET ARE IN BOOTS. Hubby has a sense of humor about thank goodness. He said he would just go as Frankenstein for Halloween.... LOL I will upload some pictures soon. Bless his sweet heart.

My mother is the most amazing woman in the world. She can straight to the hospital and sat with me and then came home with me and cleaned. She even spent the night and helped me all day today. I just don't know what I would do without her..... I love you mom!!!!!!!

TG's first grade class went to "Down on the Farm" today. I didn't get any pictures but hopefully some of the other friends will send me some and I will put them on here soon. She had a great time, but froze silly......

Big T made the 50 point club in AR reading today.... I am so excited... this is the first time since 2nd grade that he has gotten that many points in the first nine weeks. I am so very proud of him!!!!! He has been reading some really hard books! Way to go Big T!

Big T also started basketball practice. His best friends dad is the coach since hubby had his accident. Big T was worn out when he got home Monday. He said they had to run their rear ends off.... I told him it was good for him. He did great though. He made the most shots of anyone on the team. :) Can you tell I am a proud mom!

Well I must go for now... keep writing comments and new posts... I just love them girls!!!

3 comments:

Shaunta said...

I hate to hear that yall had that setback but at least he does have a good sense of humor! That usually proves hilarious and helps the situation.

If it was the ER doctor, a friend of mine had a horrible experience with one there about two weeks ago. He told her grandpa that he just had reflux and pumped him full of reflux medicine and refused to call the grandpa's cardiologist. She took the matter to someone over that dr, who in turn called the cardio. Turns out, her grandpa had a blockage and some problems with his pacemaker. I would complain! Maybe they will wake up and get rid of that idiot!

Karri said...

Jen, I am so sorry for the set back and for the terrible experience. Bless your heart and his! I hope you guys have a better few months ahead. Yes, your mom is a sweetie, please tell her hello for me! Love ya girl!

Deedra said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about this set back! Maybe things will start to improve and fast!

Your mom is awesome! My husband still sings her praises to this day! (and let me tell you, that's rare!)