Friday, October 24, 2008

anger/forgive

well I haven't really spoken much about the lady that hit my hubby... at first I really didn't think about her b/c all that mattered to me was that I still had him!!!!!

Bless his heart... his nightmares about the accident haunt him in his sleep and I am completely helpless. He really doesn't speak much about the accident.

I must say that today I have completely struggled with what happened to him. I am not sure as to why it just really hit me, but oh has it! I am so angry!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to cry and scream all at the same time! As the day has past I knew that the only place to get help with this anger was in God's word. I ask for your prayers to help me to control my tongue and anger towards what happened and remember to be thankful at all times. I just want to go up to her and shake her and say WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP!!!!! I know that she is sorry for what happened and I know that she would change it if she could.

Things are going to be messy to get medical bills and things straightened out but God knows about it all and I pray that I listen to his word and act accordingly. Please pray for us and I leave you with the scriptures that are helping me.

1 Thessalonians 5: 15-18 (NLT)
See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else. Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:13 (NLT)
You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Colossians 3: 17 (NLT)
And whatever you do or say, let is be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father.

4 comments:

Deedra said...

I can't even begin to imagine how hard this part of his accident is! We tend to be alot alike in the "mouth department"...lol. As in, not afraid to use it! But you are dealing with this in the right way. He will lead you through it!

Jen said...

Thank you darling... I really needed to hear that even though I know it is the right thing I still want to just let her have it!!!!! LOL

Jen said...

Thank you darling... I really needed to hear that even though I know it is the right thing I still want to just let her have it!!!!! LOL

a said...

Just checking in on you! I am praying for you and your family!